Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 March 2017

SERENDIPITY

Chancing upon you was serendipity
Like the gold plated commitments
I never asked for
You were
My trigger, my bomb detonator
The sentry to my heart's prison
Full moon to my werewolf lust
How I grabbed you, my king
CHECKMATE.
And then how you held me in an embrace
STALEMATE.
But oh, my love, how the game changed.

I thought I found my ideal man
But even gold plated promises
Are bound to tarnish
And now
The tenuous thread that connects
Our ineffable laconic brevity
Is breaking down
Like the soul of my kohl smudged eyes
I'm taking my placebo pills everyday
But I'm sick of you
It's like I'm chasing luck
Holding on to what is left
Of my bleeding love

Baby just hold me one last time
Before I decide that
Emptiness is better than forgiveness
Before this bipolarity
Reaches its extremity
Just hold me one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment